[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19294] Re: Query related quenching process in cp2k

Matt Watkins mattwatkinsuk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 06:14:14 UTC 2023

The annealing parameter might do what you want. It multiplies the
temperature (i.e. scales the velocities) by the annealing value you give at
each timestep giving an exponential cooling. Just plot some different
values to see if you can get a profile that seems reasonable.
Alternatively run a series of simulations at different temps restarting
everything except changing the temp.