[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19596] Re: Error: Parameter ‘mpi_comm_null’ at (1) has not been declared

Frederick Stein f.stein at hzdr.de
Wed Nov 29 19:36:23 UTC 2023

Dear Mikhail,

It is to be expected that both arch files have the -march=native option. My
idea is mostly about ensuring that the compilation of the toolchain and
CP2K was performed for the correct architecture. The actual values of
-march and -mtune are determined by the compiler automatically. What
options work in your case depends on your compiler and the CPU. Have you
already consulted the manual of your supercomputing center? If it is about
fine-tuning, ask your supercomputing center for help or consult the CPU
specs and the manual of your compiler or just with leave it like that as
the main part of the performance comes from libraries. In case of doubt,
you may also check the timing report of CP2K at the very end of the output
file or ask here for further help regarding performance tuning (in a
different thread as that is feature-dependent).

HTH
Frederick

Mikhail Povarnitsyn schrieb am Mittwoch, 29. November 2023 um 19:14:25
UTC+1: