[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19558] MOF optimization

Anton Lytvynenko anton.s.lytvynenko at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 15:27:45 UTC 2023

Dear K.AK,

Am 23.11.2023 um 15:04 schrieb K.AK:
> Also, this is a general question, but what should I do if the
> calculation does not converge in the periodic boundary calculation?

I wonder if this question can be answered shortly and via definitive set
of instructions, it worth a long manual addressing various sources of
the solution instability.

In your case, you should first start with OT optimizer, it is quite
robust algorithm and should converge reasonably for your system.

If you see any problems, try to check your geometry first - it can be
tricky to prepare input files from real CIF data for a number of
reasons. If there are still problems, please show us the problematic output.

By the way, UiO-66 is a Zr MOF, isn't it? But I can't see Zr atoms in
your input. Is it correct?

Yours,

Anton