[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19518] Switching from GPW to GAPW

Jürg Hutter hutter at chem.uzh.ch
Thu Nov 16 10:09:46 UTC 2023

Hi

you can add
      RADIAL_GRID 100
      LEBEDEV_GRID 100
      HARD_EXP_RADIUS  2.10
to Ti KIND section
This is my QS section for accurate calculations
       &QS
           METHOD GAPW
           EPS_DEFAULT 1.E-14
           EPSFIT      1.E-4
           EPSISO      1.E-12
           EPSRHO0     1.E-6
           LMAXN0      4
           GAPW_1C_BASIS EXT_SMALL
       &END QS
The save side for the cutoff would be
       &MGRID
           CUTOFF     400
           REL_CUTOFF  60
       &END MGRID

Yes, you can perform pseudopotential calculations with GAPW. You can also
mix all electron and pseudopotentials.

Please note that the all electron basis sets in BASIS_MOLOPT_UZH are modeled
after the def2 Ahlrichs basis sets. In their nomenclature SVP stands for
split-valence-polarisation. So this is equivalent to a DZVP basis from other schools (double zeta valence + polarisation) and not a single zeta basis.
You can easily verify this by checking the number of functions.

regards
JH