[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19516] Re: CI-NEB increasing migration path length

Marcella Iannuzzi marci.akira at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 09:32:28 UTC 2023

Dear Kyle

It seems that the two provided end-point configurations (i and f) are not
optimised minima. This is not an optimal starting condition.
>From the .ener file one observes that, after the first step, most of the
intermediate beads tend to have energy lower than the one of the two end
points.
Moreover, at certain steps some beads undergo to large energy increase (see
bead 5).

Are you sure that  the energy and forces calculation for each bead are
effectively converging at every step?
Have you checked what is going on to the each bead's structure?

Regards
Marcella