[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19504] accuracy of sTDA method

Wei Li liwei0099 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 07:43:13 UTC 2023

Hi CP2K forum,

I am trying to calculate the absorption spectrum using LR TDDFT plus sTDA
by focusing on one water molecule in a big box.

The sTDA calculation was invoked by the following settings:

       KERNEL sTDA

The use of PBE functional gives negative excited state energy. Then I also
included the following in the input:

       &STDA
          FRACTION *X*
       &END

Here I changed *X* to several values less than 1. Now the calculation can
output positive excited state energy, but still, these tests gave much
different results compared to PBE0 result.

Is there a way I can make the PBE/sTDA result better compared to the PBE0
result?

Wei