[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19450] Basis Set in Periodic Calculation

'Maximilian Franz-Xaver Dorfner' via cp2k cp2k at googlegroups.com
Thu Nov 2 08:44:38 UTC 2023

Hi CP2K Developers,
I am currently working on a python3 tool to compute non-adiabatic coupling
constants from the CP2K printed Kohn-Sham Hamiltonian and the Overlap
Matrices (OLM). To compute this, I have to compute the basis transformation
matrix between the atom centered basis at say a geometry 1 and another
geometry 2. This is somewhat very similar to computing the overlap matrix.
I started with molecules centered in the computational box. Here I can
reproduce the OLM from CP2K up to machine precision, if a make the box
large enough, and also the coupling constants are very similar to the ones
from the literature computed at higher level methods. In this case the
basis resembles just a non-periodic GTO as used in many other quantum
chemistry packages.
However, strategically I want to extend this to periodic systems.
Nonetheless, here I struggle to reproduce the OLM. I wonder, how exactly
the periodic basis function in CP2K defined? I assumed that this basis is
in terms of a crystalline atomic orbitals (Formula 4 in arxiv manuscript
attached). To access the OLM for the periodic system I computed essentially
Formula 6 for k=0.

Thank you in advance for your help and best regards,

Maximilian Dorfner