[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18870] How to correctly set magnetization in CP2K

Diego López diegolopal at gmail.com
Tue May 30 13:47:56 UTC 2023

Dear Krack

Thank you so much for your comment. I performed a calculation with this set
up and the output now reads:

Electronic structure
    Total number of core electrons
10.00
    Total number of valence electrons
 13.00
    Total number of electrons
 23.00
    Multiplicity
 sextet
    Alpha Electrons
    S   [  1.00  1.00] 1.00
    P   [  3.00] 3.00
    D      5.00
    Beta Electrons
    S   [  1.00  1.00] 1.00
    P   [  3.00] 3.00
    D      0.00

The occupations of the p and d orbitals now look perfect, but if I am not
wrong the occupation of the s orbitals should be 0. Is this ok for you or
there is some problems here?

Best,
Diego