[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18860] Specifying pressure in Gibbs Ensemble Monte Carlo Simulations

Vyacheslav Bryantsev vyacheslav.bryantsev at gmail.com
Sat May 27 13:26:03 UTC 2023

Dear CP2K Developers,

I am running Gibbs Ensemble Monte Carlo example from
https://www.cp2k.org/howto:gemc

I have a question of why the PRESSURE in the MC section needs to be
specified for the GEMC_NVT ensemble.

I have a single component H2O system, and as long as temperature is defined
in the Monte Carlo simulations, all the other intensive variables, such as
pressure should come out as the result of the simulation, not the input
parameter.

Could you please explain the meaning of the PRESSURE in this case?
If I do not specify it, I get the error as shown below.
The MC block for one of the boxes is also shown below.

Thank you,
Slava
Vyacheslav Bryantsev

 *   ___
    *
 *  /   \
   *
 * [ABORT]
    *
 *  \___/      Value requested, but no value set getting value from keyword
   *
 *    |                           PRESSURE of section MC
    *
 *  O/|
   *
 * /| |
   *
 * / \
 input/input_section_types.F:1097 *

The MC block for one of the boxes is shown below.

&MOTION
  &MC
    ENSEMBLE GEMC_NVT
    TEMPERATURE 398.0