[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18845] Minimal build of cp2k-2023.1 fails

Scott Milner stm9 at psu.edu
Wed May 24 23:51:14 UTC 2023

**These instructions may be useful to others trying to build cp2k on older
clusters (mine runs Centos 7, installed in 2018).**

I was never able to successfully build local.ssmp.  However, I was able to
build local.psmp, as follows:

1) I installed a more recent gcc, version 7.5.0, by building it from source
downloaded from GNU project.

2) I used toolchain, and requested that the compilers be installed (this
installs gcc 12):

     install_cp2k_toolchain.sh --with-fftw --with-openblas
--mpi-mode=openmpi --with-gcc=install

3) Then

     make ARCH=local VERSION=psmp

works without errors.