[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18770] VIBRATIONAL ANALYSIS

Lucas Lodeiro elunicolomo at gmail.com
Fri May 5 06:29:36 UTC 2023

I put my 2 cents in the possibility that you are running your calculation
using PBC, so the normal modes are not projected out to extract the
translational and rotational modes. Also you probably use a "low cutoff" so
the noise (energy/gradient waves due to plane waves), when the numerical
derivatives are calculated through adjacent points, is important... then
the frequency of your translational and rotational modes are not close to
zero as expected.

Regards - Lucas Lodeiro