[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18538] Positive Polarization energy with SCCS model

Krack Matthias matthias.krack at psi.ch
Mon Mar 13 13:25:08 UTC 2023

Hi

Convergence does not mean that you obtained a physically meaningful result necessarily. A positive solvation energy is possible and simply means that the solute is not solvable in the selected solvent based on your simulation (model).
As suggested earlier, try the default derivative method FFT instead of CD5, especially when you have a non-orthorhombic cell like in your case. You can  also recast your unit cell as orthorhombic.

HTH

Matthias