[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18964] Re: Symmetry broken during Cell optimization of FCC copper

Jibiao Li science.sweden at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 07:24:24 UTC 2023

Hi, all

I tried to perform Cell optimization using cp2k 2023.1 (see the input
below), but it stopped and complained with the following error message.

 *   ___
    *
 *  /   \
   *
 * [ABORT]
    *
 *  \___/             unknown subsection PARAMETERS of section PW_DFT
   *
 *    |
   *
 *  O/|
   *
 * /| |
   *
 * / \
input/input_parsing.F:185 *
What's wrong with my input file?

Best

Jibiao Li

&GLOBAL
  PROJECT FCC_Copper
  RUN_TYPE CELL_OPT
  PRINT_LEVEL LOW
&END GLOBAL
&FORCE_EVAL
  METHOD SIRIUS
  STRESS_TENSOR ANALYTICAL
  &SUBSYS
    &CELL
      A 3.61 0.00 0.00
      B 0.00 3.61 0.00
      C 0.00 0.00 3.61
      SYMMETRY CUBIC
      PERIODIC XYZ
    &END CELL
    &COORD
      Cu   0.000 0.000 0.000
      Cu   0.000 1.805 1.805
      Cu   1.805 0.000 1.805
      Cu   1.805 1.805 0.000
    &END COORD
    &KIND Cu
      BASIS_SET DZVP-MOLOPT-SR-GTH
      POTENTIAL GTH-PBE-q11
    &END KIND
  &END SUBSYS
  &PW_DFT
    &PARAMETERS
       ELECTRONIC_STRUCTURE_METHOD  pseudopotential
       GK_CUTOFF 5.0
       PW_CUTOFF 20.00
       NUM_DFT_ITER 399
       NGRIDK 10 10 10