[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18939] Re: Increase of the SCF cycles along an AIMD run

captain mus captainmozak at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 09:55:46 UTC 2023

Hi Dune

The origin of the increase of the SCF cycle in principle is because the
calculation still trying to find the best wave functions, this is why if
you look at your output (grep time out.out) the first step of SCF
convergence always takes longer than the later. Since you start from the
restart file, assume that you have the wfn file (i.e., file-RESTART.wfn)
then you can use it to decrease the SCF cycle and speed up the calculation
with the following
&SCF
           SCF_GUESS  HISTORY_RESTART
&END SCF