[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18897] Increase of the SCF cycles along an AIMD run

Lucas Lodeiro elunicolomo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 19:20:54 UTC 2023

As a first glance, your EPS_DEFAULT is 10⁻⁷ which is too big, I usually use
10⁻¹⁰ at least, or 10⁻¹² for more precise AIMD. Also a good relation
between EPS_DEFAULT and EPS_SCF is to set the last one as the square root
of the former.
All this affects the quality of the forces which dominates the MD... maybe
if you check the geometry of the long SCF frames you could find some weird
bond lengths or unphysical structures which can explain the behaviour.

Regards - Lucas