[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19154] Re: GEMC module does not keep stable liquid and vapor phases for water

Vyacheslav Bryantsev vyacheslav.bryantsev at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 00:37:39 UTC 2023

Hi Ramanish,

Thank you for your comments and a suggestion.
I am looking for a way to run GEMC simulations in the case when we do not
have a good force field.
After I turned off the  LBIAS and made the DFT method exactly the same in
two boxes, I still experience the same problem of getting water distributed
about equally between the two phases.
The two boxes input files along with the output *mc_molecules* file showing
a drift of water molecules from one box to the other are attached.
Again, if the force field is used in the second box, as in the provided
example, https://www.cp2k.org/howto:gemc,  there is no issue.

Therefore, the problem of doing all the MC moves with DFT still persists.

Thank you,
Slava