[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19152] Re: Souce to Learn Classical MD Simulation

'sing...@umn.edu' via cp2k cp2k at googlegroups.com
Fri Jul 28 18:04:11 UTC 2023

Hi Sucharita,

Is there a specific reason you want to use CP2K for classical MD? Because
there are other software such as LAMMPS, GROMACS, HOOMD etc. which are more
suitable for classical MD.
For generating initial systems you can check out mbuild
(https://mbuild.mosdef.org/en/stable/) and packmol
(https://m3g.github.io/packmol/).
The force field file template will depend on the software you choose for
your MD simulations. If you just want to do classical MD, I would recommend
using the software I have mentioned above.

Best,
Ramanish