[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19144] When to use LSD option?

Martin Konôpka konopka2010 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 13:50:44 UTC 2023

Dear Nihar,

I am not a CP2K expert but I guess you definitely should use either the LSD
keyword or one of its synonyms (e.g. SPIN_POLARIZED or UKS or some further)
in the calculations you mentioned. In cases when the number of electrons
with spin up differs from the number with spin down, such an option is
necessary in my knowledge. Even if some part of the calculations be for
systems in a (globally) singlet state, I would apply spin polarisation for
consistency between the systems under treatment.

Best
Martin.

st 26. 7. 2023 o 10:02 Niharendu Choudhury <niharc2007 at gmail.com>
napísal(a):