[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19120] Re: Fixed atoms in geometry optimization

fabia...@gmail.com fabianducry at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 16:48:25 UTC 2023

Dear Dune,

There is no cap on the number of atoms that can be fixed. But there is a
limited number of characters per line that cp2k reads in. So if you list is
too long, the last atoms won't be fixed. I don't remember the limit by
heart, but in general I don't put more than 200 characters per line, even
if it only improves readability.
Two hints to help you:
 - use .. for consecutive numbers, e.g.
LIST 1..10