[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19099] Re: CPASSERT failed Error during Metadynamics simulation

Marcella Iannuzzi marci.akira at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 08:15:45 UTC 2023

Der Raghav,

the temperature of the system becomes too  high.
The metadynamics potential is probably heating the system too fast, maybe
the hills are too large and/or added too often.
In general  with metadynamics it is advisable to use a velocity rescaling
approach rather than a proper thermostat.

Regards
Marcella