[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19086] LiMnO2 isolated cluster

Krack Matthias matthias.krack at psi.ch
Fri Jul 7 13:35:12 UTC 2023

Dear Victor

I doubt that you will get rid of all dangling bonds, because the actual oxidation and/or spin states of the atoms come from your “wish list” in order meet your (chemical) expectations based on the imposed stoichiometry. Anyway, you should adjust a few things in your input just to have any hope of success,  i.e. convergence:

  *   Use “analytic” or “MT” as PSOLVER
  *   Use “LSD”
  *   Try a larger smearing temperature, e.g. 1000-2000 K, that value is not related to the ambient temperature
  *   Use a smaller mixing ALPHA, e.g. 0.1 instead of 0.4.

HTH

Matthias