[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19081] Re: Visualization of negative frequencies

Victor Volkov volkovskr at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 09:32:53 UTC 2023

Good day, Rashmi.

Does VIBRATIONAL_ANALYSIS
employ the &GEO_OPT section (even if it is included in the input)
to run the structural optimization under the proper thresholds?

I am not sure.
I do not think so.

I run GEO_OPT as a devoted job prior
any vibrational analysis.

If you confirm optimization done according to the thresholds,
then, observing negative frequencies (upon the consequent vibrational
analysis)
would be a proper question to post to the developers.

Sincerely,
Victor