[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19078] Re: MIN_DISP keyword for Metadynamics

Marcella Iannuzzi marci.akira at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 08:13:01 UTC 2023

Dear Alex,

This key seems to be there to anticipate the collocation of a new hill, if
the displacement in the CV space is larger than the given threshold.
The modulo of the CV-displacement vector is calculated and compared to
min_disp.
No distinction among different CVs are considered. I agree that it is not
obvious how to sum up together distances, angles or coordination numbers,
and which threshold would make sense for an heterogeneous selection of CVs.
I would tune it on the CV with the largest fluctuation, which is going to
be dominant in the
calculation of the displacement vector.
The idea is to be in another place of the CV-space, with respect to the
previous collocation (only the previous, no history is taken into account),
just not to place two subsequent hills one on top of the other. Hence if
the sampling moves enough in one direction, the condition is fulfilled.
For Lagrangian MTD the auxiliary variable are used.

Regards,
Marcella