[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19054] Spin specific constraints in CDFT

Kuntal Ghosh kuntalghoshchem at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 18:07:13 UTC 2023

Hi,

I am trying to carry out Constrained DFT calculations for a chloride
radical transfer reaction between tert-butyl hypochlorite and a benzyl
radical. Part of this requires mixed CDFT calculations, with spin specific
constraints.

Here, I'm using

TYPE_OF_CONSTRAINT BECKE (in the &CDFT section)
CONSTRAINT_TYPE ALPHA (in the &ATOM_GROUP section)

However, I get the following error message :

"CDFT fragment constraint not yet compatible with spin specific constraints"

I'm using CP2K version 7.0 (Development Version). Can anyone please let me
know if there is any version of CP2K that fully supports spin specific
constraint calculations in CDFT?

Thanks!
Kuntal