[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18393] Re: Perfromace of DFT functionals: meta-GGA vs. hybrid meta-GGA

'Frederick Stein' via cp2k cp2k at googlegroups.com
Sun Jan 29 12:16:55 UTC 2023

Dear Mostafa,

You are missing the &HF section in the wB97MV functional. Check
https://github.com/cp2k/cp2k/blob/master/tests/QS/regtest-libxc/H2O-hybrid-wb97mv-libxc.inp
for reference. Please double-check the parameters! In case of PBC, you have
to replace 'POTENTIAL_TYPE MIX_CL' with  'POTENTIAL_TYPE MIX_CL_TRUNC' and
set the CUTOFF_RADIUS to a bit less than half of the nearest-neighbor
distance.
In general, the HF section is not set automatically by CP2K but has to be
provided by the user (at least, with LibXC).

HTH,

Frederick