[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18364] Slab dipole corrections for charged slabs

Nicklas Österbacka nicklas.osterbacka at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 14:37:59 UTC 2023

Hi!

Is it possible to correct for the dipole moment across charged slabs in
CP2K, i.e., cases where CHARGE is non-zero? Bengtsson's 1999 paper, which
the SURFACE_DIPOLE_CORRECTION setting in CP2K refers to, makes no mention
of systems exhibiting a net charge. Converging calculations with the
setting turned on seems near-impossible for the (admittedly rather few)
charged systems I have tried, so I am unsure if the methodology is
applicable to these cases!

All the best,
Nicklas