[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18302] Re: Convergence issue on MgO cell optimization with def2-TZVP basis set

Marcella Iannuzzi marci.akira at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 08:39:59 UTC 2023

Hello

Since the cell is replicated 4x4x4 also the coordinates need to be
replicated 4x4x4 with the keyword in the TOPOLOGY section.

   - MULTIPLE_UNIT_CELL
   <https://manual.cp2k.org/cp2k-2022_1-branch/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/SUBSYS/TOPOLOGY.html#list_MULTIPLE_UNIT_CELL>

Are you sure that you need smearing and G-space mixing? If not it is
preferable to use OT instead of diagonalization.
Regards
marcella