[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18290] Re: Bug in cp2k_pdos for plotting smoothed PDOS output

Dobromir A Kalchevski dobromirak at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 20:43:47 UTC 2023

Hello,

may be I was mistaken and didn't know how to use the script. It turned out
it was adjusted for 0 being the Fermi level. On top of that not the HOMO
energy level as Fermi level (as all graphics in publications I have seen)
but a Fermi level calculated in another way.

If it is of any help to anyone, this is how I plot s,p,d and total density
from one file in gnuplot:

D =
plot "pdos-k1-1.con2" u ($1+D):2 w l lw 1.5 t "", "pdos-k1-1.con2" u
($1+D):(sum[x=3:5] column(x)) w l lw 1.5 t "", "pdos-k1-1.con2" u
($1+D):(sum[y=6:10] column(y)) w l lw 1.5 t "", "pdos-k1-1.con2" u
($1+D):(sum[y=2:10] column(y)) w l lw 1.5 dt 2 t ""
Best Regards,

D is the difference between the Fermi level in .pdos and the HOMO energy
level in the same .pdos

Dobromir