[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18489] setting non-periodic QM/MM

Dragoon longdragoonae at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 21:15:02 UTC 2023

Dear all,

I'm trying to set up a non-periodic QM/MM system. I explicitly set the
following PERIODIC keywords to NONE, and all POISSON_SOLVER to MULTIPOLE in
the POSSION sections

/SUBSYS/CELL/PERIODIC
/QMMM/CELL/PERIODIC
/DFT/POISSON/PERIODIC
/MM/POISSON/PERIODIC
/QMMM/POISSON/PERIODIC

Yet I still get the following WARNING message in the output file:
 *** WARNING in qmmm_create.F:225 :: QMMM periodic calculation with
 ***
 *** coupling NONE was requested! Switching off the periodic keyword since
***
 *** periodic and non-periodic calculation with coupling NONE represent
 ***
 *** the same method!
 ***

Could anyone please explain whether I made any mistakes or missed some any
keywords? I also attach one input file for reference.

Thank you so much!
Zhuoran