[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18468] Re: COM drifting

Marcella Iannuzzi marci.akira at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 14:46:23 UTC 2023

Dear Simone,

Did you run BOMD with this system?
It is always better to start sampling with SGCPMD from a stable BOMD.

I don't know how you have determined the cutoff. One way to do it would be
to calculate the BO forces with increasing cutoff to check the deviation.
Since the parameters have been tested for the "almost identical system", I
understand that for that system under the same conditions the COM did not
drift. Is it so?

Concerning the setting:
The time step is very large. 0.5 would be safer.
EPS_SCF  is rather tight to be a SGCPMD
The preconditions is poor
MAX_SCF_HIST is commented out

However it is difficult to judge without knowing how the wfn's convergence
is behaving.

Regards
Marcella