[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19665] Re: SCF run not converaged

Marcella Iannuzzi marci.akira at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 16:34:00 UTC 2023

Hi ...

As usual it is recommendable to ensure convergence of the electronic
structure problem before starting MD
if the wave function is badly converged, the resulting forces are so wrong
that any further step is meaningless

Given the limited knowledge on the system you are running, one can just
guess.
You chose to run SCF with diagonalization and Broyden mixing, but no added
mos and smearing, is there a reason?
OT would be more efficient in this case.  If you keep using mixing,
decrease the APLHA parameter.

Regards
Marcella