[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19650] Re: dRe: Ehrenfest + Field problem for version 2023.2

Natalia K natalja.lipina at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 09:05:36 UTC 2023

Dear Guillaume,

Thank you for your comments!

First, I agree that the temperature is important here. I've done most of my
tests with zero initial temperature. In the reference, they do not specify
the temperature, unfortunately.

Second, about the convergence between the cp2k versions, which is more
important for me. I compiled the master version and performed two tests,
using length and velocity gauge. I compared these new results to all the
other versions and here are the conclusions:

1. Master+length gauge gives the same kinetic energy as 2023.2+length gauge
(different from 9.1 and 2022.2 which agree among them). Master+velocity
gauge gives different kinetic energy. Same conclusions for the dynamics,
i.e. the N-N bond distance.
2. Master+velocity gauge gives very strange potential energy different from
all the other versions+length gauge.

I attach the new figures.

Best regards,

Natalia