[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19635] Re: KS energy is an abnormal value (NaN/Inf).

fabia...@gmail.com fabianducry at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 18:07:47 UTC 2023

Dear Raymond,

Have you checked how the structure evolves? I suspect it changes
drastically. The energy change per iteration is ~10 Ha which is enormous
(more than few 100 mHa is suspicious). From a glance at your input deck and
the structure I can see a few issues.
1. the periodicity of the poisson solver and the cell don't match
2. there is very little vacuum between the molecule and the periodic image
of the substrate
3. only the top surface of the substrate is passivated

You need to decide how you want to deal with periodicity and adapt the
input and the structure accordingly.

Cheers,
Fabian