[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19630] normal mode analysis on an ab initio trajectory

Matthew Graneri mhvg1994 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 11:41:00 UTC 2023

Hi Lucas,

Sorry for resurrecting this issue, but I'm in a similar situation to Emma,
trying to run the normal coordinate analysis through TRAVIS and am
absolutely stuck. I get up to the question asking for the reference
structures and, when I specify the file containing my reference geometry, I
get told: 'Some atoms are not connected to this molecule // Molecule
recognition failed'.

My AIMD simulation contains several different molecular species, and I am
trying to work out which peak corresponds to which vibration for each
molecule in the system. I've tried using a normal .xyz file containing only
the molecule I want TRAVIS to analyse, and I've tried using an .xyz file
containing the entire system from the simulation, but nothing has worked.

The only thing I can think of that might be an issue is that I'm using the
.emp files from the IR spectrum simulation as the input for the analysis. I
can't think of what other file TRAVIS would like, though...

If you (or anyone else) has any idea why the analysis might not be working,
I would very much appreciate any advice you can provide!

Regards,

Matthew