[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19626] Optimization of an excited states using truncated hybrid functional for periodic system

Raphaël Rullan raphael.rullan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 10:06:24 UTC 2023

Dear Developers and Users,
I would like to perform an excited-states geometry optimization for a
periodic system using PBE0-TC. Before trying it on my system (which is
quite big) I tried on benzene and it doesn't seem to work properly. I don't
know if it's due to an error in my input or an issue in the implementation.
Please find attach the input I used. When running this, my calculation
stops after the calculation of the forces and I get this type of error (you
can find the complete error message attached)   :

[s92node178:961338:0:961338] Caught signal 11 (Segmentation fault: address
not mapped to object at address 0x10)

BFD: BFD: DWARF error: section .debug_info is larger than its filesize!
(0x484a7b vs 0x356260)

DWARF error: section .debug_info is larger than its filesize! (0x484a7b vs
0x356260)

Program received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory
reference.

We assumed that it may be a memory issue so we tried to allocate 300Go for
the calculation but it seems that it doesn't change anything. Do you have
any idea/clue on what the problem is and how it can be fixed please ?

Thank you very much for your help.

 Best regards.

 Raphael