[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19622] "Finite temperature optimization" and "CELL_OPT"

Simone Ritarossi sim.ritarossi at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 15:37:06 UTC 2023

Dear users,

I have a problem with the use of CELL_OPT at temperatures other than 0K.
Following CP2K's guide (I could not find any discussions on the subject on
the web), I understood that I have to 1) set the RUN_TYPE CELL_OPT, 2)
define TYPE MD in the CELL_OPT section and 3) define an MD section.  In the
guide it says " * Two possible schemes are available: (1) Zero temperature
optimization; (2) Finite temperature optimization*  ".
However, I do not get the optimisation. .
I attach here the input and output files. I cannot understand the error in
the output (I cannot find anything similar on the web): the abort message
is " CPASSERT failed -  motion/gopt_f77_methods.F:307"

Thank you for your time!

Simone Ritarossi