[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19618] Time of Diagonalization/OT steps increases with simulation time

Krack Matthias matthias.krack at psi.ch
Fri Dec 1 15:51:58 UTC 2023

Dear Benedikt

The system does not converge starting from about step 30 for a while and during that time the timings for an SCF iteration increase gradually. No clue, why that happens and I am even surprised that the system recovers from that “instability” period without going bananas completely. Btw, you should disable the OUTER_SCF with Broyden mixing, since that makes only sense with OT. Why you are using the CP2K version 6.1 from 2018? Many issues have been fixed in the meanwhile. It is not very likely that somebody will have a look at that old version. Moreover, such problems with inhomogeneous timings are often caused on the system side rather than on the CP2K side.

Best

Matthias