[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19167] Re: GEMC module does not keep stable liquid and vapor phases for water

'sing...@umn.edu' via cp2k cp2k at googlegroups.com
Wed Aug 2 19:30:47 UTC 2023

Hi Slava,
I ran your files with the BLYP functional and PBE functional. You
prediction was correct, I did see the density of the two phases becoming
the same (see attached files). Dashed line denotes the density of box1 and
the solid line denotes the density of box2.

[image: Capture.PNG]

[image: Capture.PNG]

Previously I was suspecting the the critical temperature of BLYP-water is
lower than 650 K and that's why we see same density for the two boxes at
473 K, however, to my surprise, we observe the same result for PBE-water,
which is supposed to have a Tc much higher than 650 K. I will need to do
some more tests to check this particular behavior. I will run the VLE
simulation with some other combinations of basis_set/cutoff/functional.

Best,
Ramanish