[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18704] SCF run not converged

Lobna Saeed lobna.saeed at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 07:43:07 UTC 2023

you added LDA and PBE in the kind block and in the xc_functional block you
wrote PBE !! I am not so sure if this is correct
try to use either LDA or PBE as in the xc_functional block.

In addition, LDA never converges with me as well.
Also 1500 as max iteration is just too much. why wait for 1500
iterations??,  is this even possible, that a system converges after 1500
iterations ?? and if it does I don't think It will give you precise
numbers; I only use 300.

Also I think the CG minimizer is not always good to use because the line
search is not always stable. I prefer BFGS.