[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18679] CP2K QM/MM simulation exiting with error “The LU factorization in dgetrf failed”

Albin Joy cy19d501 at iittp.ac.in
Tue Apr 18 17:16:48 UTC 2023

I am totally new to QM/MM simulations. I am using gromacs-2022.5 patched
with CP2K-2023.1 for this simulation. I am studying a protein system with a
coordinated Cu metal ion and using this site with some amino acid residues
as QM region. But I am getting the following error message from CP2K while
running mdrun.

 *   ___
 *  /   \
 * [ABORT]
 *  \___/                  The LU factorization in dgetrf failed
 *    |
 *  O/|
 * /| |

 * / \
 common/mathlib.F:718 *

 ===== Routine Calling Stack =====

            8 ddapc_eval_AmI
            7 cp_ddapc_create
            6 cp_ddapc_init
            5 qs_env_update_s_mstruct
            4 qs_energies_init_hamiltonians
            3 qs_energies
            2 qs_forces
            1 CP2K
[Workstation1:158467] 31 more processes have sent help message
help-mpi-api.txt / mpi-abort
[Workstation1:158467] Set MCA parameter "orte_base_help_aggregate" to 0 to
see all help / error messages

Can anyone please help me to resolve the above QM/MM simulation run error
from CP2K.