[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18655] error of MPI run

'yafei li' via cp2k cp2k at googlegroups.com
Wed Apr 12 07:11:04 UTC 2023

Dear everyone

I am a new rookie at cp2k. Recently, I use my computer to do some cases
from the official website. My computer system is Ubuntu with 6 cores.
Sometimes, I can run the calculation smoothly, but sometimes, the following
error message will appear.

application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 0
[unset]: write_line error; fd=-1 buf=:cmd=abort exitcode=1
:
system msg for write_line failure : Bad file descriptor
application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 0
[unset]: write_line error; fd=-1 buf=:cmd=abort exitcode=1
:
system msg for write_line failure : Bad file descriptor
application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 0
[unset]: write_line error; fd=-1 buf=:cmd=abort exitcode=1
:
system msg for write_line failure : Bad file descriptor
Primary job  terminated normally, but 1 process returned
a non-zero exit code. Per user-direction, the job has been aborted.
mpirun detected that one or more processes exited with non-zero status,
thus causing
the job to be terminated. The first process to do so was:
  Process name: [[30823,1],1]
  Exit code:    1

How should I solve this problem? Is it because I don't have enough CPU
cores?
Thank you very much.

Yours
LI