[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18631] normal mode analysis on an ab initio trajectory

Emma Rossi emma.rossi.1 at studenti.unipd.it
Fri Apr 7 09:38:14 UTC 2023

Dear Giacomo,

thank you very much for your prompt reply and for your suggestion.

I think that the strategy you are prosposing is useful for sure to have an
idea about the contribution of the different bond vibrations to the normal
modes of a specific conformer. However, I have still doubts concerning how
to weight the NMA of the different conformers in order to interpret the
whole IR spectrum.

In particular, this would be important in case different conformers have
different normal modes. I think that VDOS analysis could be useful as
additional check, but information about the weights would be still missing

However, I will try with your strategy and in the meanwhile I'll think
about the next step.
Thank you very much for the stimulating discussion.

Best regards,
Emma Rossi