[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18626] Re: Partial charges in CP2K - simulation fails

Hasan Al-Mahayni hasanalmahayni at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 18:27:17 UTC 2023

Hello Marcella,

Thank you for the helpful information! On that note, I would like to ask 2
final  questions:
-is there a way to perform GCE-DFT (Grand Canonical Ensemble) in CP2K? I am
asking because my goal here is to include the potential of the electrode
(like in experiments). I read the following work,
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2451910321000636, and I
wanted to know if something similar is implemented in CP2K.
- I am also trying to include the solvent effects of the electrolyte with
the implicit SCCS model (Andreussi) that is available on CP2K. However, it
does not work with my stress tensor tag, which I had to remove. I also saw
that in previous threads here, SCCS does not work with kpoints? Any insight
on this matter would be immensely helpful.

Thank you so much for your time.

Hasan.

Hasan Al-Mahayni