[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17775] Fixing a spin help

ASSIDUO Network lenardcarroll27 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 08:10:36 UTC 2022

Hi there I would like to optimize a structure that has this
characterization: "This structure had a magnetic moment of ~1 magneton Bohr
corresponding to a superoxide form, (O2)-. That means one electron has been
transferred from Au to O2. The overall system is neutral. So, you need a
spin-unrestricted calculation and maybe fixing a spin to get the right
electronic state."

I know I should use UKS T, but not sure how to fix the spin. Is this
possible in CP2K and how would this be done?

Thanks for the help.

Lenard