[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17673] Bad convergence performance for the MXene system

Thomas Kühne tkuehne at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 07:38:26 UTC 2022

Dear Justin,

please sent the output, i.e. in particular during the OT loop for better assistance.
Typical, hints may be:
(i) set EPS_DEFAULT to 1.0E-12
(ii) reduce MAX_SCF in the inner OT loop to s.th. more reasonable than 40-50.
(iii) reduce stepsize to 0.1 or lower
(iv) use different PRECONDITIONER such as FULL_ALL to together with
ENERGY_GAP 0.0001
(v) use CG instead of DIIS

Best,
Thomas Kühne