[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17619] Re: CP2K+SIRIUS with dispersion functionals

Mathieu Taillefumier mathieu.taillefumier at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 15:59:20 UTC 2022

Hi,

The vdw functionaliity supported by SIRIUS can be activated with the
option  VDW_FUNCTIONAL FUNC_VDWDF (or one the two others options) that you
have to add in the parameters section (*c.f. the attached file*).  I
picked a different pp file but it does not matter much.
You will need to use the current development version of cp2k though.

If you already use it, then a* git pull -r* and *make .... *will be needed.
the VDW support in SIRIUS was not on by default previously but you
mentioned you compiled SIRIUS with it.

I would still consider this as experimental. The library seems robust but
we never really tested deeply so any comment / problem reporting is
welcome.

I also remarked that you are doing some lattice relaxation. If you
encounter some odd behavior could you report them here so I can have a
look. I would really appreciate to get this information back.

Best

M.