[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17956] Periodic and non-periodic box

captain mus captainmozak at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 08:11:09 UTC 2022

Dear CP2K users and developer
 I'm new in CP2K and my question are:
1) Is there any way to print out the xyz file with the molecules ordered
inside the box because every time I run, it always print out in an
unordered way and to make it ordered I have to wrap it via VMD (see
input-1).

2) I want to perform a non-periodic in Z direction, My first attempt is to
increase the unit cell (MULTIPLE_UNIT_CELL) by 2 or 3, but again as I
mention in the first question the output is unordered and when I use wrap
(VMD) it simply wrap it based on the value I seed for the pbc set. My
second attempt is to make only periodic in XY via POISSON and  CELL (see
input -2)  but I got an error stated that "* A non-periodic calculation has
been requested but the system size exceeds the cell size in at least one of
the non-periodic directions!*" any advice ?

Thank you very much for your answer
Kind regars
MUS