[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17947] B3LYP performance for QM/MM

Jürg Hutter hutter at chem.uzh.ch
Fri Oct 28 09:17:36 UTC 2022

Hi

Yes, this is about what can be expected. Especially, the use of MOLOPT basis sets
can cause a strong increase in CPU time needed for hybrid functionals.
I would suggest to use the ADMM approximation to speed up your simulation.
With an optimal setup you should be able to get back within a factor of 2-3 to
your BLYP timing.

BTW: you should also change the reference functional in the vdW part to B3LYP.

regards

JH