[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17911] Re: Molecules moving far apart during metadynamics

Aditya Goyal goyal.aditya74 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 10:46:14 UTC 2022

Dear Marcella
Thanks for your reply. I did apply WALL  associated with collective
variables (coordination numbers of C  and O in parent molecule) for my
system. I applied a lower limit (found using an unbiased MD run) of
coordination numbers using WALL_MINUS.
But the water molecule was still moving away inside the system during
metaD. run, probably because the system could still maintain the wall limit
with/without water.  Could you please suggest any different way to apply
WALLS for this system? Also, you suggested using an external potential
confining the coordinates within a certain region of space. Could you
please explain the keywords of CP2K  to apply external potential for any
system?

Regards
Aditya