[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17841] Vibrational analisys

Lucas Lodeiro elunicolomo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 22:34:30 UTC 2022

Hello all,

I have a detailed doubt about the files and data printed for a vibrational
analysis. AFAIK, the calculation is done by numerical differentiation of
gradients (differentiation in both directions and average them) so for a
molecule with N atoms it needs 6N calculations, which is clearly printed in
the main output. Also, each replica/configurationn (6N) is computed and a
particular output is printed for each one.
Up to this point everything looks fine, but when I see the particular
replica output, there are 5 energy computations into the output... I would
expect just one.
Why is this happening? Am I missing something?

Regards - Lucas